- It … Sunday evening.
- Everybody looked tired and wanted to go … home.
- Mr. Candy locked the door and … outside.
- The weather … fine.
- … sun was shining brightly in the cloudless sky.
- He decided to go … home on foot.
- The house he lived in was not far …and soon he was there.
- … door was blocked by the police.
- No matter how… , he couldn’t get in.
he tried hard
hard he tried
tried he hard
- It wasn’t really funny because Mr. Candy … a date that night.
- He felt … bit nervous.
- Then he suddenly … to see his father.
- His father calmed him … .
- Mr. Candy realized that everything that … wasn’t really important.
- “Things … happen”, he thought.
- When he … next morning, he felt as good as never.
- He made up his mind to start a new… .
- Mr. Candy was sure that his life … change greatly soon.
- An interesting story happened … my friends last year.
- … painting disappeared from my friends’ house.
- Let me explain how the situation … .
- Somebody stole the picture, that … in town the day before.
- It was … heavy to hang on the wall and was left on the floor of the hall.
- … wanted to go to the restaurant, so all stayed to have dinner at home.
- The dinner smelled … good.
- All Jim … that day was a sandwich.
- “What do you think … your new painting?” – asked Bob.
- “Oh, it is extremely expensive and beautiful”, … Jim.
- After dinner he wanted … the painting but found nothing in the hall.
to have look at
to have a look at
to have a look on
- We didn’t believe him at first, but … he said was quite true.
- The sudden noise… .
made everybody jump
made everybody to jump
made everybody jumped
- It was Rachel … arrived.
- Why did she always … to see Jim at the worst possible moment?
- … at the fact that the painting had disappeared, Rachel couldn’t say a word.
- The thief was thought to have escaped by climbing … the wall.
- In the morning Rachel persuaded me to play … tennis.
- The match was abandoned after… .
half an hour
half of an hour
the half an hour
- Nobody felt … after what had happened.
at the ease
- 39. The next day I … to a woman outside the house.
heard a man talked
heard a man to talk
heard a man talking
- I … the woman’s voice at once – no doubt, it was Rachel.
- I was about to … my chair during the talk.
fall out of
- Rachel … the painting and was ready to sell it at a fabulous price.
- When I told everybody about it, she … a terrible look as if she wanted to kill me at the moment.
gave to me
gave at me
- “Sorry, I meant to tell you that I … take the painting for a while, but I forgot.”
- So stupid … we heard that we were shocked.
the lie was
was the lie
be the lie
- This was the first time Jim … her real nature.
- She … out of the house and disappeared in the wood.
- By the time we got to Rachel’s hotel, she … .
had booked out
- We couldn’t …how well she managed to get off with the punishment.
- Suffice it to say that she never … and returned the painting.
For answers press this link