- It was … fine sunny day in the city.
- The weather … unusually lovely.
- Everything … to be marvelous.
- Streets were full … cars.
- People … hurrying somewhere in different directions.
- Mr. Black … all right.
- He always … his day with the words: “eat at pleasure, drink at measure and enjoy life as it is”.
- In addition to it he was … chain smoker and smoked to his heart’s content.
- He didn’t … it would do him any harm.
- So he enjoyed … it.
- Smoking … cigarette, he was walking along the street.
- Suddenly he … a girl.
- She … extremely pretty.
- She … glamorous.
- She wore long blond hair … shoulder length parted in the middle.
- She … big hazel eyes with puffy eyelashes.
- She wasn’t that kind of a girl whose beauty comes … and goes off with the rain.
from the pot
out of the pot
down the pot
- She had excellent figure with … slender legs.
- No wonder he couldn’t help … acquainted with her.
- Mr. Black followed … the girl.
- He seemed to be detached … what was going on, because he wasn’t able to see anybody but her.
- Hardly … to tell her one pretty story when he fell a victim to some absent-minded person who had forgotten to shut the sewer.
he was beginnig
had he began
- He fell … without uttering a word.
- When he landed, he … a big strong word.
- The girl was surprised at a sudden disappearance of such a …young man.
- When she realized what … , she called an ambulance.
- Two strong ambulance … put him on a stretcher.
- The car took him to … hospital.
- Mr. Black seemed to be suffering … the pain one could hardly imagine.
- He was sick and giddy, he had a headache, a backache, pains in the stomach, something was …with his heart and lungs.
- In addition to it, he felt … sharp pain in his left arm.
- He was … ; because he was sure he had a fatal malady.
- People always … things when they are shocked.
- In …morning he was a happy man, in the afternoon he seemed to be a miserable wreck.
- When the doctor examined him, it was clear that his left arm was broken and it …in a cast.
had been put
- When Mr. Black knew that he needn’t be confined … bed, he felt happy.
- He … to the drug-store and took the medicine to avoid an abscess and severe complications.
- But when he came out into the street he saw … woman in the world.
the most pretty
the most prettiest
- When he saw her, he saw a goddess go – ….
so graceful was she
so graceful she was
was she so graceful
- The upright carriage she seemed to be … .
- So he couldn’t keep from … her name.
- When she was … to answer, an open sewer was the cause of his misfortune again.
- By extra-ordinary luck he managed to … falling down.
- But when he was going to tell her one pretty story, he didn’t … another sewer.
- When he fell down again, he thought he was … .
at the death’s door
at death’s door
at a death’s door
- He was a victim of his own misfortune … .
- He had … bad luck.
- But he … make a will and prepare for a better world.
didn’t have to
- If he hadn’t been so absent-minded, this … !
wouldn’t have happened
- He was still … and continued making acquaintance with all pretty women he saw.
a life and kicking
alive and kicking
alive and kick
For answers press this link