- Have you written down ______ names?
- They decided to go on a hike ______ the rain.
in spite of
- If you don’t know the meaning of this word, _____ in the dictionary.
chase it up
search it out
look it up
find it out
- Did you fix these shelves ______?
all on yourself
all at yourself
all with yourself
all by yourself
- My grandma makes me ______ carrots, but I prefer ice-cream.
- You were rude ______ him for no reason.
- When I was a student I ______ to discos every Friday night.
used to go
was used to go
use to went
used to going
- We ______ the project by the end of the month.
will have finished
will be finishing
- I am here to say that we ______ next week. Everything is ready.
will be leaving
will have left
- This time tomorrow our family ______ on the beach of the Mediterranean sea.
will be lying
will have lain
- I have found only one book. Where is ______?
- She didn’t know that he ______ her.
is going to betray
- ______ three years had passed before we met again.
- The happy man went to see his mother-in-law ______.
- I ______ him since we ______school.
haven’t seen / left
didn’t see / left
didn’t see / have left
haven’t seen / have left
- If the child ______ no better, we shall have to take him to hospital.
- The boy almost never walks his dog in the morning, ______?
- I play football with friends every weekend. — ______.
So I play
So I do
So am I
So do I
- I ______ home when somebody ______ my name.
went / was calling
was going / called
went / called
- ______ tourists are staying here.
only a few
only a little
1b, 2d, 3c, 4d, 5a, 6b, 7a, 8c, 9b, 10c, 11d, 12b, 13c, 14c, 15a, 16b, 17c, 18d, 19b, 20c.